HID® Lumidigm® V-Series Fingerprint Modules
The HID® Lumidigm® V-Series Fingerprint Modules deliver the most secure, convenient and reliable fingerprint authentication technology on the market today to products such as ATMs, citizen benefit kiosks, physical access control readers, time & attendance terminals and medical dispensing stations. Already providing biometric authentication for over two billion ATM transactions per year around the world, the V-Series is perfect for applications where knowing “who” matters.
The field-proven V-Series modules with patented multispectral imaging technology now have several key enhancements, including four times faster image capture on embedded modules, a top-ranked MINEX III certified algorithm for better accuracy, and FBI-certified WSQ image compression for fast and accurate image transfers.
The HID® Lumidigm® V-Series Fingerprint Modules provides:
- Worry-free deployment: Enrolls and verifies everyone, every time, in all environmental conditions with unsurpassed biometric performance, extending biometric reliability to your products wherever they may be deployed.
- Excellent durability: Includes a hardened IP65 platen area that doesn’t wear out; the module performs over the long term, providing low total cost of ownership (TCO) for your product.
- Best-in-class liveness detection: Prevents the fraudulent use of biometric data by recognizing and rejecting fakes and spoofs.
When it has to “just work,” look to the Lumidigm V-Series Fingerprint Modules for the ease of integration, biometric performance and reliability you need.
Patented multispectral imaging is the most secure, convenient and reliable fingerprint authentication technology on the market today. Only available in Lumidigm® products and solutions, multispectral imaging can enroll and verify everyone, every time, in any environmental condition.
Lumidigm® multispectral imaging is a sophisticated technology specifically developed to overcome the fingerprint capture problems found with conventional imaging systems. This more-effective technology is based on the use of multiple spectrums of light and advanced optical techniques to extract unique fingerprint characteristics from both the surface and subsurface of the skin. That subsurface capability is important because the fingerprint ridges seen on the surface of the finger have their foundation beneath the surface of the skin, in the capillary beds and other sub-dermal structures.
This enhanced data capture mitigates traditional system vulnerabilities to common environmental and demographic conditions:
- Dry conditions — Dry fingertips are common, caused by anything from climate conditions or natural skin characteristics to frequent hand-washing or air travel. Multispectral imaging technology captures high-quality images even when fingers are dry.
- Wet conditions — Moisture is a fairly common real world condition. Some environments are naturally damp, due to climate (London) or setting (a spa). Some people have moist hands. Multispectral imaging technology captures high-quality images even in wet conditions.
- Diverse demographics — Biometrics work because people are unique — and yet diverse user populations are difficult for many fingerprint biometrics systems to handle. Multispectral imaging can authenticate anyone, no matter what their age, ethnicity, job or lifestyle.
- Rugged conditions — People don’t have time to wash and lotion their hands when they use a fingerprint sensor. And yet other technologies require just that to meet performance requirements. Multispectral sensors take people as they are — at the office, construction site, or agricultural field.
With multispectral imaging, these problems are solved. In major large-scale programs, pilot tests, field trials and evaluations, Lumidigm® multispectral imaging technology has proven to be the best technology in the biometrics industry.
|Datasheet Lumidigm V-Series Fingerprint Modules