HID® DigitalPersona® 4500 Fingerprint Module
The HID® DigitalPersona® 4500 Fingerprint Module is a miniature USB fingerprint reader designed for integration into OEM equipment where fingerprint verification or identification is needed.
This self-contained module optically scans the fingerprint when the user touches the glowing window. Optical technology ensures the highest quality fingerprint scans and reliability.
This Fingerprint Module is designed to simplify OEM integration. The module is sealed from dust and includes convenient mounting features. The on-board electronics automatically control calibration, encryption and data transfer over the USB interface.
- Small form factor
- Blue LED (in idle mode)
- Excellent image quality
- Encrypted fingerprint data
- Latent print rejection
- Works well with dry, moist, or rough fingerprints
- Compatible with DigitalPersona SDKs
The “Small Footprint Outline” version of the module is ideal for space-constrained applications such as keyboards, touch screens and point-of-sale (POS) terminals.
The DigitalPersona 4500 Module and FingerJet™ Biometric Engine have an unmatched ability to authenticate even the most difficult fingerprints accurately and rapidly. Enterprise solutions and developer tools from HID Global® are perfectly suited to this device.
- Dimensions Standard outline (approximate): 60.2 mm x 32.4 mm x 11.0 mm
- Pixel resolution 512 dpi (average x, y over the scan area)
- Scan capture area 14.6 mm (nom. width at center); 18.1 mm (nom. length)
- Scan Data 8-bit grayscale (256 levels of gray)
- Compatibility USB 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 (Full Speed) specifications
- Standards Compliance RoHS, UL, USB, WHQL